Oxygen Nitrogen Plants
Safe and economical, the SANGHI Oxygen Plant, with an efficient expansion engine, lowers operating pressures to a remarkable 30 kg/cm2 , cuts power consumption and adds to safety.
Sanghi Plants are supplied with very efficient reciprocating four-stage air compressor, which consumes low power. Sanghi Plants are supplied with a specially designed highly efficient cascade cooler, which eliminates the need for chilling unit and saves on recurring maintenance and power cost.
A Molecular sieve Battery drier unit for separation of moisture and carbon dioxide is another money saving device in the SANGHI plant. It removes acetylene and other hydrocarbons from the process air, thus eliminating the need for separate acetylene absorbers, and moreover it eliminates recurring caustic soda costs.
Capable of simultaneously producing oxygen and High purity nitrogen, the SANGHI plant has an internal compression liquid oxygen pump to fill dry gaseous oxygen in cylinders. The plant can also be fitted with a separate liquid Nitrogen pump to fill dry Nitrogen directly into cylinders. Plants to produce liquid Oxygen/ Nitrogen can also be offered. We also undertake supervision of Installation and Commissioning of the plant.
|Salient features of Oxygen / Nitrogen plants|
- Leak-proof Argon welded Column
- Skid Mounted Version available
- Oversize Molecular Sieve Dryer
- Quick start for fast cooling
- Very simple to operate
- No raw material is required.
- Trouble free operation for years
- Easy availability of spare parts
- Low power consumption. Less than 1 unit per cu.m of gas.
- Production of oxygen & nitrogen simultaneously using separate liquid pumps (no bulky gas holder, no oxygen compressor)
- Latest molecular sieve technology without recurring cost of chemicals
- Very compact & sturdy.
- Low working pressure
- Option for Liquid Nitrogen withdrawal facility
- Option for Liquid Oxygen withdrawal facility
- Option for PPM grade nitrogen i.e., less than 10 PPM
- Very low maintenance
- Raw material – Free Atmospheric Air for producing oxygen / Nitrogen gas / liquid
- Hydraulic type Expansion Engine for Oxygen / Nitrogen Plant with bursting disc and solenoid valve for safe operation
- Highly efficient Heat-Exchanger for recovery of waste cold energy to reduce operating cost.
- The oxygen gas plant is supplied complete as per standard scope of supply.
- Special bypass valve is provided for quick production and better cooling.
- Foolproof digital temperature indicating system
- Option for filling of Oxygen as well as Nitrogen in Single Pump
- Option for separate Nitrogen & Oxygen Pumps.
Production Capacity – The plant is very versatile and can be set to produce varying combinations of Oxygen & Nitrogen in gaseous and liquid form.
|Process Description of SANGHI Oxygen Plant The free atmospheric air is sucked in by a multi-stage air compressor through a filter and compressed to the working pressure. After each stage, intermediate coolers and water separators are provided. The compressed air then passes through the cascade cooler and then to the molecular sieve battery where the moisture and carbon dioxide are removed from the process air. It then passes through the exchanger No. 1 where it is cooled by the out-going waste nitrogen and product oxygen. A part of this cold air then flows through an expansion machine and the balance through the 2nd heat exchanger. An expansion valve, R1 Both these streams of air then unite in the lower pressure column where it partially liquefies, controls the ratio of the two air streams. The liquid air (rich air) then passes through the expansion valve R2 to the upper column, which is at a lower pressure than the lower column. Similarly the liquid nitrogen (poor liquid) travels from the lower column to the upper column through an expansion valve R3 where the separation of oxygen and nitrogen occurs. Nitrogen being more volatile passes out as a gas from the top of the column and this waste nitrogen flows through both the heat exchangers cooling the in-coming air. Similarly product oxygen is also passed through the two heat exchangers to cool the in-coming air and then to the filling manifold via a liquid pump. If a small amount of air is vented out from the upper column, higher purity nitrogen can also be obtained from this plant. R4 Valve is provided in order to fasten cooling during start-up.|